Averie Elizabeth

Averie Elizabeth

Who is Averie?

Averie passed away Sunday November 13th at 3:33am due to complications of her mitochondrial disorder. My beautiful princess is finally healed and in heaven with her brother :)

Averie is a crazy, beautiful, smart energetic 7 year old who keeps everyone on their toes! Averie has been fighting Alpers since her first seizure in 2004 at the age of 4. Her older brother passed away from Alpers when she was just 1. Just recently she became a big sister for the first time! Averie is strong willed and stubborn...I believe that's what keeps her going on the days her disorder creates obstacles for her. She is my special little girl who I love one cow, two moons and three fences big!















Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another child lost to Alpers

Say a little prayer for the family of Freddie Read. He lost his battle with Alpers today...he is joining his older brother, my son and many other mito angels in heaven. His mother is a pillar in our mito community and inspires so many with her story and her courage! My heart goes out to her and a big virtual hug as well! Freddie will be missed by so many, even though many of us have never even met him! I will miss those beautiful eyelashes for sure!

XOXOX

No comments: